Pages

I

In a very real sense,
the 'I' is a symbol created by the mind
on the foundation of a biological feeling
or organismic unity and well-being.
By contrast,
the ego is simply one of the many functions of the physical organism,
when the organism operates under the conditions
of family, social, religious, and cultural living:
the function of insuring security and conditions of existence
as stable as possible.

Yet, in another sense, the experience of 'I am' -
'I am a totally integrated being
functioning as an autonomous, independent and responsible being' -
means that the current of material evolution has reached its apex.
Within the once scattered, inert, and indifferent units of matter,
the universal power of integration, which I call ONE or SELF,
is now a dominant Presence.
-The Astrology of Transformation

The only true and valid "I"
is that which includes the whole of the personality;
thus the whole of the birth-chart.
Anyone who, looking at one single factor in his birthchart,
says "I am this or that" commits a basic sin against wholeness -
which also means "holiness", wholesomeness and health.
-Astrology and the Modern Psyche